Endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDC’s) are ubiquitous in our daily lives and can be present in your cosmetics, air, food, water, clothing, plastic containers and packaging, and household products and cleaning supplies. It is impossible to completely avoid exposure to EDC’s but is highly recommended to reduce your personal toxin load exposure where possible since EDC’s can negatively impact hormone and reproductive health. Aiming to reduce exposure to these chemicals can help mitigate these potential risks. Below are 10 reasons why women should avoid endocrine disruptors:
1) Hormone Disruption: EDCs can interfere with the normal functioning of hormones, disrupting the delicate balance of the endocrine system, which controls various bodily functions.
2) Reproductive Health: Exposure to EDCs has been linked to fertility issues, such as reduced fertility, irregular menstrual cycles, and an increased risk of miscarriage.
3) Hormone-Related Cancers: Some EDCs are associated with an increased risk of hormone-related cancers in women, including breast and ovarian cancer.
4) Developmental Effects: Exposure during pregnancy can harm fetal development, potentially leading to birth defects, low birth weight, and developmental delays.
5) Menstrual Irregularities: EDCs can lead to irregular or heavy menstrual periods, which can impact a woman's quality of life and overall health.
6) Endometriosis: There is evidence to suggest that EDC exposure may be linked to the development and exacerbation of endometriosis, a painful condition affecting the uterine lining.
7) Thyroid Dysfunction: EDCs can disrupt thyroid function, which plays a crucial role in regulating metabolism and overall health.
8) Hormonal Imbalances: Exposure to EDCs may lead to imbalances in estrogen and progesterone levels, potentially causing mood swings, fatigue, and other symptoms.
9) Early Puberty: Some EDCs have been associated with early puberty in girls, which can have long-term health implications.
10) Transgenerational Effects: EDC exposure in one generation may affect the health of future generations, as it can lead to epigenetic changes that are passed down.
Addition Beauty understands the scientific evidence between endocrine disrupting chemicals and hormone and reproductive health. We’ve spent the past few years creating our patent-pending lipstick formula that’s safe for hormone and reproductive health – without endocrine disruptors and other potentially harmful chemicals – so that you can have peace of mind and not worry about toxin exposures from your makeup! Sign up for our newsletter to get the latest information on upcoming product launches, discounts, education in this space, and company news!